Saturday, September 21, 2013

Sympathy to the families of all those effected in Kenya

Yesterday in Kenya masked gun men stormed a mall and killed 39 people and injured over 150. According to the last story I saw they are holding an unknown amount of hostages. My prayers and sympathy go out to all those effected. I hope the injured recover quickly and I pray that the remaining hostages are freed soon and without injury.




I saw this news story on several sites on the internet followed by scores of comments about how it was Obama's fault, or it was gun activists fault, or we should end all religion and so on . . . . What I hardly ever saw was a comment that wished any kind of comfort or sympathy to the victims and their families. What happened to us? In the movie Love Actually Hugh Grant narrates "When the planes hit the Twin Towers, as far as I know, none of the phone calls from the people on board were messages of hate or revenge - they were all messages of love."Now granted this is not the same as what I am seeing. I am not seeing messages from the victims and their family members. No, I am seeing messages from people around the world and we are all so caught up in our anger and our hate that not a minute can be sparred for sympathy? And these comments of hate and anger aren't driven by the suffering being caused in this event. They aren't hate and anger because 39 people have been killed, 150 injured and an unknown amount are being held hostage. No this is hate and anger because they hate. If you were angry because of the atrocity it would at least be understandable. But the commentators don't care about the victims. They just see a chance to trumpet their causes and agendas. And that is sad.

No comments:

Post a Comment