Friday, February 8, 2013

Winter Storm Nemo

So a winter storm (or actually two combined into one)has moved into the area that could be dumping anywhere from 12-18 inches of snow on us. Makes me think I should move south . . . . oh wait- I am!!! We had snow early, then rain, then sleet, and now we are back to snow. It may fall as quickly as three inches each hour at some points.


Hopefully this is my last winter storm. I've shoveled once already and will do so again at least two more times and possibly more.

After hurricane Sandy we lost power for two weeks. And I am a little concerned we will lose power again. The snow is very wet and heavy and with winds up to 50 miles per hour (and LIPA's stupidity) I have little confidence that we won't lose power.

The best news is we should get a lot of packing done!

No comments:

Post a Comment