Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!

If I listed all the things I am thankful for I could be here all day but here is a short list:

I am thankful for the best Mom anyone could ask for. She has shown me who I want to be by the example she sets every day.

I am thankful for my Dad. He has left me with his sense of humor and an ability to appreciate a good story.

I am thankful for Meghan. I can't imagine not having my sister and best friend rolled into one.

I am thankful for my extended family. There are family members I now talk to almost every day that previously I had gone for years without talking too. I love my family and I hope they know they can call me if they ever need too.

I am thankful for my friends and coworkers. I am surrounded by good people every day some of you are like family to me and I enjoy your company.

I am thankful for my house. Even though I am not living in it yet. I have it. Next month will mark one year of mortgage payments down with 29 to go. I have projects planned for the yard and I look forward to spending many years making wonderful memories in that house!

I am thankful for the memories of those who have passed away. Everyone we meet whether it's just for a short time of for years is important. I like to think of every interaction as a chance to learn about myself and others. Good or bad our interactions can teach us about how and who we want to be.

I am Thankful for my life. It isn't what I planned but nothing really ever does go as planned. I have my family and friends, my job, and my house. I have 31 wonderful years of memories filled with fun and love and I look forward to many more.

No comments:

Post a Comment