Sunday, June 16, 2013

The Perfect Fridge!

When I bought the house it had most of the appliances already. It was just missing a fridge, washer and dryer. When I went for a week in January I bought a washer and dryer.


Thanks to having a laundry room I wasn't concerned with cosmetics of the appliances just functionality. My plan was to be smart about this and budget myself. So I bought the washer and dryer and figured when I paid off the washer and dryer on my credit card I would be ready to buy the fridge. The fridge was going to be more expensive because I knew what I wanted: stainless steel, four door, and possibly a Samsung. Well my plans got sped up a bit. There was a damaged fridge that was perfect for my needs. It has a large dent on the side (luckily the side covered by cabinets in my kitchen), there is a dent in the freezer (a simple towel on the handle will not only be useful but will cover the dent), and the freezer handle was dented (a call to the manufacturer could get a replacement piece). I made an offer taking into account the damage and it was accepted!


So now I have all the appliances I need. It is a Whirlpool. It has the french door for the fridge and the bottom draw freezer. Also it has the fourth door with a shelf for grabbing common items like cold cuts and soda. This way you don't open the entire fridge letting out all the cold air.

Luckily I was renting a pod (which is being dropped off next weekend) which will be perfect to move the fridge. To prevent further damage I have wrapped it up completely in bubble wrap and then it will also have moving blankets on it in the pod.



And now it is ready to go!


No comments:

Post a Comment