Friday, June 14, 2013

Kevin Bacon

I was in love with Kevin Bacon after seeing Footloose. . . . wasn't everybody?


I looked up all his movies so I would recognize them and watch them. I was shocked by the amount of movies he had been in. Slowly and surely I checked off Kevin Bacon movies on my must watch list here are some of my favorites:
Tremors
Flatliners
A Few Good Men 
The River Wild
Apollo 13 
Sleepers
Murder in The First

Then I heard about the six degrees of Kevin Bacon. Really? Any actor could be connected to Kevin Bacon in six or less moves. I laughed and accepted the challenge. Then I accepted the rule. I tried to come up with obscure actors that could never be connected to Bacon but still the rule never failed. 

It's easy to see how this happens. Kevin Bacon is in Wild Things with Matt Dillon . . . now think of all Dillon's movies and the cast he has been with: The Outsiders, There's Something About Mary, Crash and so on.

Or what about the fact that Kevin Bacon is in the River Wild with Joseph Mazzello . . .a familiar name because he is the little boy in Jurassic Park. Which leads you to Jeff Goldblum connections connections connections . . . I mean who isn't in the Big Chill???

Let's try Kevin Bacon to Chris O'Donnel.

Kevin Bacon is in Wild Things with Matt Dillon --> Matt Dillon is in the Outsiders with Ralph Macchio ----> Ralph Macchio is in My Cousin Vinny with James Rebhorn ---> James Rebhorn is in Scent of A Woman with Chris O'Donnel. 

Kevin Bacon and Sean Patrick Flannery

That one is real quick because Kevin Bacon is in Wild River with Joseph Mazzello ---> Joseph Mazzello is in Jurassic Park with Jeff Goldblum ---> Jeff Goldblum was in Powder with Sean Patrick Flannery. 

Kevin Bacon and Tom Hardy

Kevin Bacon is in X-Men First Class with James MacAvoy ----> James MacAvoy is in Starter for 10 with Benedict Cumberbatch ----> Benedict Cumberbatch is in Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy with Tom Hardy!

I thought Joel Grey may be hard but Kevin Bacon is in Tremors with Fred Ward ----> Fred Ward is Remo Williams with Joel Grey.

Meg said try Hugh Dancy.

Kevin Bacon is in Sleepers with Ron Eldard------> Ron Eldard is in Black Hawk Down with Hugh Dancy.


This one impressed me Kevin Bacon to Bob Fosse!

Kevin Bacon is in Wild Things with Robert Wagner -------> Robert Wagner was in All the Fine Young Cannibals with Natalie Wood ----->Natalie Wood was in West Side Story with Russ Tamblyn ---------> Russ Tamblyn was in Seven Brides for Seven Brothers with Tommy Rall----> Tommy Rall was in Kiss Me Kate with Bob Fosse.

Thanks to Meg for the assist with Fosse!

I could go on all night!

No comments:

Post a Comment