Monday, July 29, 2013

Pool Party

There is no better way to spend the fourth of July weekend then at the pool surrounded by friends.


We decided to try out a new backyard party game: Battle shots. For the first time playing I just drew a grid on a folding table with washable chalk. This way if the game stunk we could wash the table with no harm no foul. The table was 30 inches wide so a used a ten by ten grid (top row was letters, right side column numbers) which allowed for a nine by nine playing grid. Again as we were going for trial round I just taped up a piece of cardboard to create the screen between the players. Then each player placed cups with beer (soda would be appropriate for the younger players) in place of ships. Then it played just like battle ship. Every time the ship was hit the player had to drink. Well I think the game was a keeper even though I lost horribly. Meg sunk every one of my ships and I only sunk one of hers. Also coincidently we set up our boards almost identical with our ships in the same positions separated by maybe a row. Yeah points for being twins! Since the game was a keeper I am working on making the table a more permanent playing space. Oh and we kept the chalk which was handy for marking grids already called. Meg wants to buy it (apparently someone has already merchandised it) but I think it will be more fun to create my own table.



Once it got dark we were treated to a fire work show and spent the night talking and relaxing. Perfect!

Schultzy got a treat for the party.


We took some dog toys and put them in a plastic container and then put that in the freezer. Schultz loves ice so this seemed a no brainer. The result was a very happy dog: notice the giant smile.



And on a final note ... my blog has over 1000 views! I'm impressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment